Thursday, March 5, 2009

Wild Elephant chase

You are probably wondering why such a blurry picture? We are at the end of of the 2mile walk in the bird sanctuary when two people come running and yelling," We've seen a wild elephant! Go back!" Being the obedient person I am; I stay to try and get a picture. As I snap the picture of the elephants approach the guide grabs my arm and yells, " It is going to charge!" The elephant raises its trunk, flips up its ears, bugles and begins to charge. I turn and start to run as fast as my 275lb overweight, out of shape and bad feet will go !! (That is the reason for the blurry picture). I was not turning back for another picture because by the time I reached safety ( about 300metres) I was so exhausted and frightened, I could not wait to start the 2mile trek back. When it was safe we started back and I was constantly looking over my shoulder for the elephant. Thank goodness it was gone.
Moral of the story is " How many people can say they have been chased by a wild elephant?"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay....thought it was Jan's commentary and then of course....only Ralph would put himself in harms way for an experience! That's is what we miss!