Monday, October 27, 2008

Sydney - Australia

This is one of the most stunning habours we have ever seen. Sydney is a gorgeous city. We stayed across from the "Sails" and ferried to the Circular Quay which was the hub of transportation.
One of our stops was to Mrs. Macguire's Chair. She ( the governor's wife) would come to the point and watch over the habour.
How is this for a fortress? Sydney was built originally by convicts from England.
On our way to Bondi Beach ( the surfers hangout )we viewed the city sky line.
The Gap Park was an area that many had committed suicide. There were quite the cliffs.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ralph and Jan
So nice to see familiar landmarks. I also enjoyed sydney and visited Mrs. MacQuires chair. My daughter works in downtown Sydney so I spent some time cruisn' around the bay. I found the art gallery there very fascinating. Thanks for all the beautiful pictures and I truly feel that I am on a fantastic voyage of discovery with you. Love to you both
Judy chisholm

Anonymous said...

SO glad you loved Sydney! It is also my favourite harbour. So stunningly beautiful! Glad you guys made it across the ditch and are obviously having fun!

Mackereths xxxxxx