Thursday, May 14, 2009

Western Crete

Elanfonisi Beach - one of the nicest in Greece and amazing place to spend a day or two. They call it the Cretan Caribbean with pink sand and incredibly blue-green water.
Ella Restaurant (friends of Nikos and Linda ). A great place to have lunch in Chania. We are very thankful and know how fortunate we are to have a restaurant like Theo's in Penticton. We can enjoy great Greek food anytime.
Chania, one of our favorite port cities in Crete and a great place to spend a day or two.
Traveling Crete by car was so much fun and so many great bays everywhere. The Mediterranean Sea was cold but they say July to end Sept is nice and warm.

Everywhere you drive you see sites like this. Crete is not a place to miss! 3-4 weeks would be a great visit.

1 comment:

Melanie Mehrer said...

Rene and I went on a Taramasalata hunt in Samos and found some that was almost Theo's worthy! It I really a gem, isn't it? I go everytime I'm in Penticton. I say we go next time I'm in town! Enjoy crete! It looks fabulous!